Park Community Academy
158 Whitegate Drive, Blackpool FY3 9HF
Telephone: 01253 764130
Park Community Academy
Applications are invited for the following permanent full time teaching post at Park Community Academy, Blackpool
OFSTED May 2015 – Judged to be an ‘Outstanding School’ in all areas
“Park Community Academy is an exceptional school and every aspect of its work is outstanding”
“Park is a very happy place”
“The Performing Arts are a strong feature of the Academy’s provision. Pupils love to participate in performance through drama, music…with many achieving individual and group success in competitions”
“Taking part in Music, Drama, Art, other performance sessions and sport contributes enormously to building self-esteem and confidence in pupils”
INVESTORS IN PEOPLE – GOLD ACCREDITATION May 2016 -
“Staff recognise Park as a great place to work”
- Whole School Subject Leader for Music and Drama across the primary and secondary age range, with a pastoral responsibility for a Secondary Tutor Group
Main professional grade/Upper Pay Spine + SEN Allowance 1
(SEN Allowance 2 payable to suitably qualified and experienced candidates)
Governors will adhere to the principle of portability and match salaries of existing teachers on appointment.
Park Community Academy is a large all age special school (2-19 years) for pupils with moderate and complex learning difficulties. You will need the maturity of personality and flexibility necessary to work with children of primary & secondary age who in addition to their learning difficulties have associated challenging behaviours, number on roll – 240.
- This post is permanent with effect from 1st January 2018
- The Governors will welcome applications from recently qualified or experienced practitioners from the Special School, primary or secondary mainstream sector for this teaching post at this large and popular Academy.
- Candidates will need to be driven, resilient and robust and identify the personal and professional qualities, curriculum strengths, knowledge, skills and experience they will bring to this post as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification.
- Further details and application forms are available from The Children and Young People’s HR Department, Progress House, Clifton Road, Blackpool, FY4 4US (24 hour answerphone 01253 477209.
- Application forms are returnable to the Headteacher, Park Community Academy,
158 Whitegate Drive, Blackpool, FY3 9HF.
- Informal visits are encouraged. Please contact the Headteacher, Mr Berry on 01253 764130.
Closing date: Monday 2nd October 2017 - 12 noon
Shortlisting: Monday 2nd October 2017
Interview Dates: Tuesday 17th & Wednesday 18th October 2017
All Shortlisted Candidates will be required to attend on both days.
Revoe Learning Academy
Ref: RLA 101017: Class Teacher
Employer: Blackpool Multi Academy Trust (MAT)
Location: Revoe Learning Academy, Grasmere Road, Blackpool. FY1 5HP
Salary: Teachers’ Pay Scale
Working Pattern: Full Time, 32.5 hours.
Contract Type: Temporary Post, 2 terms
Preferred Age Ranges: Key Stage 2.
Visit Date: Tuesday, 17th October 10 am or 2 pm
Start Date: 1st January 2018
Closing Date: Friday, 20th October 2017 at 9am
Interview dates: Thursday, 26th October 2017
Revoe Learning Academy (RLA), with its own Nurseries and Children’s Centre, is a place where people really do matter. We are a rapidly improving place of learning, where opportunities to develop you as a professional are pivotal to our achievements and continued improvement.
We have 450 reasons why you should seriously consider these exciting opportunities at RLA. Our children and families deserve the very best – are we for you?
We are looking for an ambitious professional, for a two term contract, to teach groups of children within our Year 6. OFSTED 2016 confirmed the amount of progress which we have made so far, whilst also noting the improvements which we are determined to make in order for RLA to be a good academy.
Please visit our website to further explore life at RLA.
The MAT welcomes applications from NQTs, RQTs or more experienced teachers from the Primary sector. Application Packs are available to download from this website. For more information please visit our website at www.revoelearningacademy.co.uk
Candidates will need to demonstrate all of the essential personal and professional qualities, curriculum strengths, knowledge, skills and experience which they will bring to this post as detailed in the Job Description and Person Specification. Applications may be typed using Arial, Font 11. Please limit supporting letters of application to 2 sides of A4. Please also state your specialist subject within your application.
The interview process will incorporate:
- A 45 minute teaching observation of a Maths lesson to a mixed ability Y6 class.
- A number of practical tasks relevant to the post
- A formal interview
Visits to the Academy are strongly encouraged and warmly welcomed on Tuesday, 17th October 2017 at 10 am or 2 pm. Please contact the admin department, Tel: 01253 763414 to make an appointment.
All completed applications must be returned directly to the Academy c/o: Mrs. J. Heywood, School Business Manager, Revoe Learning Academy, Grasmere Road, Blackpool, FY1 5HP, Tel: 01253 763414 or E-mail: email@example.com
The Academy is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. This post is subject to: satisfactory references; DBS; Childcare Disqualification requirements; medical clearances; evidence of essential, original qualifications; and proof of legal working in accordance with the Asylum and Immigration Act 1996.
If you have not been contacted within 1 week of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you once again for showing an interest in joining Revoe Learning Academy.